Please find the minutes from the October council meeting below.
Also, we would like to remind everyone that the next School Council Meeting is on December 4th at 7:00 p.m. in the school library, and our 2017 Skating Night is on December 11 at Garnet A. Williams Arena. We hope to see everyone there!
The Primary and Junior/Intermediate Variety Shows for 2017 are one week away at the City Playhouse Theatre so get your tickets for this special event in support of the Music Program at Rosedale Heights!
The shows will take place as follows:
- The Primary Variety Show is on Tuesday, December 5th at 5:30 to 6:40 pm (this show will have all the Kindergarten classes performing as well as the Primary Drama Club)
- The Junior/Intermediate Variety Show is on Tuesday, December 5th at 7:15 pm to 8:45 pm (this show will have the Recorder Group, the Intermediate Band, the Little Jammers Group and the Junior and Intermediate Drama Clubs performing)
Tickets are available for purchase through School Cash Online. Tickets will be handed out before each show at the Ticket Table set up in the City Playhouse Lobby. We will also be having a visual arts display and a gift table.
Please come and support the students and the Music Program. Questions? Email Robbie Frankel at firstname.lastname@example.org We hope to see you there!
(1) Parent-Teacher Interviews are taking place Thursday afternoon/evening and Friday morning. There is no school for students on Friday.
(2) The Book Fair will be open during parent-teacher interviews for families to attend.
(3) Second session lunch orders are available for purchase through school cash online. Additional details can be found online.
(4) Variety Show – Tuesday December 5th – tickets are on sale now through school cash online.
The Scholastic Book Fair is on this week in the Library.
Students will have the opportunity to visit the book fair with their class.
The book fair will be open to parents on Thursday after school while parent-teacher interviews are taking place as well as Friday morning.
Thank you in advance for supporting our school’s library.
The second session of lunches are now available for purchase through School Cash Online.
Monday – Pizza (Domino’s)
Tuesday – Sushi (D’Lites)
Wednesday – Pasta (Abruzzo)
Thursday – Subs (Mr Sub)
Friday – **NEW** ‘Breakfast For Lunch’ (TovLi)
Additional details can be found on School Cash Online.
All new lunch orders take effect in Jauary following the winter break.
Lunches will be available for purchase today through until December 13th. No late orders will be accepted.
Thank you in advance for your prompt attention.
Confirmation sheets for next week’s parent-teacher interviews will be sent home tomorrow (Friday.)
Tomorrow is our November Day of Pink. Please come dressed in your pinkeriffic attire and show your support for being kind.
To ensure the safety of students, school bus service may be cancelled due to inclement weather, extreme temperatures and/or poor road conditions. In these cases, parents and students should develop alternate care/transportation arrangements.
Cancellation decisions will only be made after thorough consultation with the Safety Officers of school bus companies servicing York Region and are based on several factors including precipitation, air temperature, road conditions and weather forecast.
Please note the following;
- A decision to cancel school bus service will be region-wide meaning all school buses, vans and taxis will not operate.
- School bus routes may be cancelled when severe weather may not be affecting all municipalities in York Region. Both the YRDSB and YCDSB operate many regional educational programs. Students attending these programs are transported over large attendance areas encompassing several municipal boundaries. This limits the ability to cancel bus service using a municipality or zone methodology.
- When bus service is cancelled all school tests and/or examinations will be cancelled and rescheduled.
- Student trips involving the use of school buses will also be cancelled.
- Unless otherwise stated, schools will remain open and parents can make arrangements to transport their children to and from school even if school bus service is cancelled. If buses are cancelled in the morning, they will not operate in the afternoon. Therefore students transported to school by parents will require the same transportation home.
Parents, students and school staff are asked to access the following radio and television stations after 6:00 a.m. to receive bus cancellation information:
590 AM 640 AM 680 AM 860 AM 1010 AM 1050 AM
1540 AM 1580 AM 88.5 FM 89.9 FM 92.5 FM 93.1 FM
94.9 FM 95.9 FM 97.3 FM 98.1 FM 99.1 FM 99.9 FM
101.1 FM 102.1 FM 104.5 FM 100.7 FM 105.9 107.1 FM
CITY TV CTV Barrie CTV Toronto CP24 GLOBAL NEWS
A bus cancellation message will also be available at www.schoolbuscity.com and by calling 1-877-330-3001, or by following @YRDSB and @YCDSB on twitter.
The 7th annual Rosedale Heights Variety Show will be held on Tuesday December 5th, 2017, in support of Rosedale Heights’ Music Program. There will be two performances that evening. The first is at 5:30pm and is the Primary Variety show. It will include performances by all Kindergarten classes, as well as the Primary Drama Club (Grades 1-3). Tickets for this show are $6.00 each, with a maximum of 2 tickets per child in the show, due to the large number of performers.
The second show is at 7:15pm and is the Junior/Intermediate show. It will include performances by Grade 3/4 Recorder class, Intermediate Band, and the Junior and Intermediate Drama Clubs (Grades 4-8). Tickets for this show are $10.00.
If you require tickets for both shows the cost will be $12.00 each (savings you $4/ticket.) All seats are reserved. You may purchase your tickets through School Cash Online, until Thursday November 30. After that date tickets will be available at the door the night of the show.
If you require wheelchair seating or additional tickets, please email Robbie Frankel at email@example.com
We hope that you’ll join us for this important event.
Thanks so much
Adine Shane and Robbie Frankel