The much anticipated Dance-A-Thon will be taking place on Monday! Professor Jamz along with our parent council will be selling some treats and goodies during the event. Feel free to send your child(ren) with a few dollars if you would like them to purchase something.
Looking forward to a wonderful school fundraiser.
Happy Friday to all of our Rosedale Families:
We cannot believe that March is only few days away. Today is PINK day!
Please make note of the following dates and items:
- Monday, February 26, 2018 is our Dance A Thon. The School Council has organized a fun and exciting fundraiser promoting school spirit and healthy, active living. Thank you for all of your donations. Your generosity and support are very much appreciated.
- Our Well-Being Team is planning a Winter Olympic Day, but the weather is not being cooperative. The day for the schoolwide winter Olympics is now tentatively set for March 2, with a back-up date of March 5. Please join us as we hope for some snow which will help increase the level of fun and excitement.
- Parents and guardians are reminded that the doors to the school are open for students at 8:10 a.m. and students can head to their lockers and coat racks between 8:15 – 8:30 a.m. We still have quite a few families arriving too close to the final bell creating a very slow drop off process before 8:30 a.m. in the lot. Drop off will be slow after 8:25 a.m. as we stop all cars for our students crossing in front of the school, and the buses dropping off our students cannot allow cars to pass when wheelchair lifts are being used. The best time for drop off is always before 8:20 a.m. Thank you for your understanding.
- C2K is kicking off for all students in grades 3, 4 and 5 next week! Our Commitment to Kindness (C2K) will celebrate random acts of kindness, friendly and fair play, and inclusive activities such as Scratch Coding, DIY Club, Anti-Bullying Club (ABC) and the Grade 3/4 Sports Zone. Stay tuned for more details as the year goes on.
- Contribute to Strategic Planning at YRDSB – Upcoming Town Halls
York Region District School Board is revisioning its Multi-Year Plan (MYP) and Board Improvement Plan for Student Achievement and Well-being. The Board of Trustees is responsible for setting the strategic direction of public education in York Region public schools. The MYP incorporates the direction established by the Trustees with feedback received from all stakeholders, and will inform decision making at the Board in the years to come. Town halls will be taking place across the region and feedback collected from families and community members will inform the creation of a new MYP. Your voice is important and your input and feedback will help York Region District School Board support student achievement and well-being. There will also be other opportunities, including a survey available in April, to share your thoughts if you are unable to attend a town hall.
Save the Date!
|TOWN HALL DATES AND TIMES||LOCATIONS|
|Monday, April 16, 2018
7 – 9 p.m.
|Keswick High School
100 Biscayne Blvd., Keswick
|Wednesday, April 18, 2018
6 – 9 p.m.
|Markville Secondary School
1000 Carlton Rd., Markham
|Sunday, April 22, 2018
2 – 4 p.m.
|Sir William Mulock Secondary School
705 Columbus Way, Newmarket
|Wednesday, April 25, 2018
6 – 8 p.m.
|Maple High School
50 Springside Rd., Maple
|Saturday, April 28, 2018
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
|Bayview Secondary School
10077 Bayview Ave., Richmond Hill
Tomorrow is the last “Breakfast for Lunch” in the first session. If you are interested in extending your child(ren)’s Friday lunch or would like join in for the second session, please sign up online through school cash. The orders are due by Monday.
The two options remain either French Toast Souffle or Full Breakfast (scrambled eggs, bagel, hash browns, cucumber & tomato.)
Please remember to return your pledge forms by Friday February 23, 2018.
The dance-a-thon will be taking place on Monday February 26, 2018.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Happy Friday to everyone in our RHPS Community.
- Please enjoy a safe and happy Family Day long weekend. There is no school on Monday and we will see everyone on Tuesday the 20th.
- For everyone celebrating Lunar New Year – Year of the Dog – we wish you a happy, healthy holiday. We participated in a Dragon Parade at school today led by our grade 3/4 classes. And, just so you know, our primary classes have explored the number 100 all week celebrating the 100th day of school that was reached. Some of the artwork, crafts, math games and stories were amazing to watch!
- Parents and guardians should review the Term 1 Report Card with their child and return the signed portion as soon as possible. Please contact the teacher directly if you wish to speak about marks or progress.
- A reminder to parents and caregivers about the DANCE A THON on February 26. Pledge forms went home with all students last week and the School Council hopes to raise money to go toward healthy, active living initiatives at school (including jerseys and a scoreboard!).
If we get between $10.00 -$50.00 per family we will reach our goal.
Winter Walk School Reminder
Due to the icy conditions on many sidewalks in our community we could not complete our 2km walk today. All Rosedale Heights students will be taking part in a Winter Walk on Tuesday, February 20 at 10:40 – 11:20 a.m.. It is a great opportunity for us to enjoy nature and to get in some Daily Physical Activity. Please ensure that your child is dressed in appropriate outerwear and boots for the outdoors. If you’d like to join us, please sign in at the office at 10:30 a.m. and you can join us when the walk starts at 10:40.
We want everyone to enjoy the experience, the exercise and the great outdoors!
Just a reminder that the next session of Friday lunches – “Breakfast for Lunch” is available through School Cash Online. The option closes next week, so if interested please purchase ASAP.
Tomorrow (Friday, February 16th), all Rosedale Heights students will be taking part in a Winter Walk around our community. It is a great opportunity for us to enjoy nature and to get our Daily Physical Activity. Please ensure that your child/children are dressed in appropriate outerwear and boots for the outdoors. We want everyone to enjoy the experience!
The Eco Team
Heart-shaped cookies (from Terra Cotta) will continue to be sold in the lobby at morning recess.
Cookies are $2 each and all monies raised are in support of grade 8 graduation.
Your student(s) would have come home with a pledge form (resembling the one below) for our upcoming school dance-a-thon fundraiser.
They are due for return to the school by February 23rd.
Donations can be made through http://www.pledge.me –
Pledging is fast, easy and convenient.
Additional forms can be picked up in the main office.
Thank you in advance for your support!