Every Student Counts Survey
Families of students in Kindergarten to Grade 6 are reminded to complete the “Every Student Counts” survey which was sent home on November 12th. Students in Grades 7 & 8 will complete the survey in class.
All surveys must be completed by November 30th.
Lunch orders for second session (January – March) are available for purchase on schoolcashonline. Orders are due no later than December 14th.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
If your student(s) will be missing school before OR after the winter break please let the office know ASAP for safe arrival purposes. The last day of classes before the break is Friday December 21st. School returns on Monday January 7th.
Please book your absence in Edsby, call the main office (905) 882-1864 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
(1) Tonight and tomorrow are our parent-teacher interviews. We look forward to having our Rosedale families in the school. Students are encouraged to attend with their parents. We thank you in advance for your punctuality and respect of the 15-minute time slot.
Spirit wear, One Cookie At A time and Cassidy’s Keychains will all be available in the lobby for purchase.
Lost and Found items will also be displayed eagerly awaiting their rightful owners!
(2) The annual Variety Show and Visual Arts Display will take place on Thursday December 6th at 6:00 pm at City Playhouse Theatre. We look forward to this special evening showcasing the talents of our students. The evening will include performances by both the Drama Clubs, the Recorder Club, the School Band and other musical acts. There will also be a lovely Visual Arts Display in the theatre lobby.
Tickets are now on sale and are 10.00 each. They can be bought through School Cash Online. All seating is reserved! Don’t miss this special evening! Questions? Email Robbie Frankel at email@example.com
(3) The second session of lunches are available for purchase on School Cash Online. Don’t miss out!
- Mondays – Pizza
- Tuesdays – Mr Sub
- Wednesdays – Pasta
- Thursdays – Chicken (Astoria)
- Fridays – Sushi
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As many of you are visiting teachers and DECEs this week to discuss the progress of your children, we’d like to remind you of many exciting things happening in our front foyer and on our main floor.
- Cassidy’s Key chains 4 Kids – one of our primary students has created many colourful key chains for sale with all proceeds going to Hospital for Sick Children. She has shown so much initiative and commitment to prepare this exciting fundraiser and I hope you will join me in supporting her efforts by purchasing a keychain. I think you should be one quickly as I’m sure she will sell out on Day One.
- A group of high school students has run a cookie sale every year at this time to donate proceeds to the Hospital for Sick Children. I am always impressed by the commitment shown by our students (and former students) at working to make a difference in our world. Please congratulate these young leaders and buy a cookie or make a donation if you wish.
- Our BOOK SALE is here and it is bigger than ever. Many thanks to our library helpers and Mrs. Diamond for the work and effort it takes to set up and run our annual Book Fair. Please visit the library when you come to meet the teachers.
- Our School Council will have a display set up for anyone that wishes to order ROCKETS SPIRITWEAR for their children. We have a newly designed logo and many students are excited about the t-shirts, hats, and hoodies available. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to order as there will not be any other sales of these items during the school year. We thank our School Council for this exciting opportunity.
- We have a group of students that have sorted through the 120 items in our Lost and Found. Tables are set up in the front entrance. Please visit the tables as we have boots, sweatshirts, jewelry, shoes, water bottles and new snow pants and we hope each item can return to their rightful owner.
Thank you for your continued support!
Mr. Anania and Mrs. Waiser
Good morning Rosedale families,
Just a reminder that Parent-Teacher interviews are being held on November 22nd (evening) and November 23rd (morning). Your opportunity to book an appointment with your child’s homeroom teacher will close at the end of the school day today. If you have yet to book, please log in to your Edsby account or call the main office directly and we’ll be happy to help you.
We are pleased to be offering a new line of spirit wear for 2018-2019 school year. Items will be available for purchase through School Cash Online starting tomorrow (Friday.) A flyer will be coming home with students this week. All items are navy blue and feature a revamped school logo.
Lunch Orders – Second Session
The second session of school lunches will be available for purchase on School Cash Online beginning on Monday November 19th. The session will include weeks from January 7th, 2019 through until the end of March.
- Mondays – pizza
- Tuesdays – subs
- Wednesdays – pasta
- Thursdays – chicken
- Fridays – sushi
Edsby is open for booking parent-teacher interviews. Your window for bookings will close on Tuesday November 20th at the end of the school day. If you need assistance booking your interviews please contact the office.
Parent-Teacher interview schedule(s) open at 9:00 am on November 12 for booking. An invitation/link will be sent to your Edsby inbox with a notification.
Reminder: You will be able to book appointments with your child’s homeroom teacher only. If you would like to meet with a rotary teacher, we ask you to contact the teacher directly via email to see if they have times left after their primary homeroom parents have booked their times. Mlle. Laflamme (French) and Ms. Burridge (Music) will be available in their classrooms during parent-teacher interviews for drop-in during their scheduled times.
Families who have created an Edsby account prior to the schedule being opened on November 12th will have access. For help signing up for Parent-Teacher interviews/Student Led Conferences, please visit http://bit.ly/ptifamily.
If you have any questions about these processes, please contact our main office.
Thank you in advance and have a great weekend!
Lest We Forget
On Remembrance Day, we remember the veterans who served our country in times of conflict. This year the students at Rosedale Heights will mark Remembrance Day with a display in the main atrium on November 9th for all students. Younger students will mark the occasion with age appropriate activities. The main atrium will be filled with wreaths, posters and poppies created by students. We will have a school wide moment of silence at 11:00 a.m. and a live performance of the Last Post at 11:11 a.m.
We are asking that each child bring in a small donation (25 cents up to one dollar) for The Royal Canadian Legion’s Poppy Fund. A poppy will be given to each student. The poppy is worn as an act of remembrance for all the brave men and women who fought for Canada’s freedom. The money collected will be used to provide medical care and assistance to Canada’s war veterans. It also helps fund the building of housing and care facilities for elderly and disabled persons.