Parent council meeting is taking place on Monday April 3, 2017 at 7pm in the library. All are welcome to attend.
This week we are exploring:
- Xplain It!
Trusting someone means that you think they are reliable, you have confidence in them and you feel safe with them physically and emotionally. A successful relationship is formed when two people build trust together.
Most of us know trust is important. Trust between teachers and parents. Trust between teachers and principals. Trust between students and teachers etc. BUT how do you actually build trust?
2. X Tips
Building trust is a process. Plan for it like a lesson. The most important thing is to invest time in nurturing trust in relationships. Here are some quick tips to get you going:
- Share who you are – tell real stories from your life to build rapport with your students.
- Greet the students in a fun way – when they arrive in the classroom like a secret class handshake.
- Treat each student like an individual – remember something special or unique about each of them.
- Allow for journal writing and connection time – so students can share their feelings with others.
- Play the interview game – have students partner up and interview each other (without writing notes) then introduce their buddy to the rest of the class recalling the facts that they have learnt about them.
Q: What does the sun drink out of?
A: Sunglasses 😎
Just a reminder to fill-in and hand back the orange parent input forms that went home with students last week.
These forms are a great opportunity to provide insight and feedback regarding your student’s classroom placement for the 2017-2018 school year.
If you are moving or will be changing schools for next school year, please ensure the reverse side of the form is filled out so we can accurately account for our enrollment.
Please note: These forms are only for current SK-grade 7 students
In our continued partnership with the Vaughan Community Health Centre they will be offering our students summer camp . Each session will be 3 weeks, 4 full days a week. The fee to participate is $30 per session.
Attached is an information/registration flyer- registrations start March 14th.