Families with siblings planning on attending Rosedale for September are reminded to formally register with the main office. This applies to both new JK/SK students as well as grades 1-8.
As we plan for the 2017-18 school year these enrollments play a large role in determining our organization and funding.
To register, you will need to bring the child’s birth certificate or passport as well as TWO documents that support your address in our zone (i.e. purchase/lease agreement, tax bill, driver’s license, etc.)
Please follow the link below for additional information.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Officer April of the RCMP talks with students during pink day activities today! Everyone in handmade pink t-shirts supporting anti bullying initiatives.
Thanks to the school council for supporting and financing this event!
Be a Buddy not a Bully!
Tomorrow, Wednesday February 22, is Pink Shirt Day!
Students have been working on designing their own pink t-shirts to wear tomorrow. They will be handed out in the morning to wear over their regular clothing.
All students will be participating in grade-specific presentations put on by the RCMP to address the importance of bullying awareness.
We would like to thank North Boys clothing store and the Disera Drive Merchants Association for their generous support towards this important event.
The grad committee will be selling individual bags of popcorn starting on Tuesday at recess. Flavours available are: butter/salt, dill, white cheddar, and kettle corn.
Each bag is $1.50. Please try and bring exact change.
All funds raised are going to support our graduating class.
Thanks to our school council and the generous support of our community we have been able to make some excellent additions to our school.
Fundraising dollars raised so far have been used to purchase:
- New safety mats for the gym walls
- Games/puzzles for the new ‘Games Club’ open to students at recess in the library
- Chargers for iPads in the classroom
- Additional manipulatives for our library
- 55 new chrome books which have been allocated to classrooms throughout the school
Thank you for your continued support.
Tomorrow, February 16 is World Read-Aloud Day!
We will be having guest teachers reading their favourite stories in each of our classrooms.
You can celebrate at home by setting aside some special time to read with your child (or have your child read to you!). Regardless of age, reading aloud and listening to stories helps increase fluency of language, comprehension skills, and fostering a love of reading.
Enjoy some quality book-time with your child and encourage your child to share the experience back at school.
(1) Student safety is our primary concern. Please be mindful of pedestrians coming and going from the school.
(2) The lane closest to the school is for the exclusive use of buses ONLY (whether or not buses are there.)
(3) The outside lane is for kiss n’ ride. No parking is permitted in this lane at any time.
(4) Please ensure you are parked only in designated spots, abiding local traffic laws.
We appreciate your ongoing cooperation.
The new date for the Gregg LeRock concert will be Tuesday February 28, 2017. The times will remain as arranged for the grades 4, 5, and 6 students.
Thank you in advance.