As we get ready for the May long weekend…
- I would like everyone to be safe and happy this weekend. We want students and families to have a safe, fun and memorable weekend together. Please be extra careful around water (pools or lakes) and be extra cautious when biking or hiking. We look forward to hearing about everyone’s adventures on Tuesday.
- When we return to school on Tuesday we welcome the start of EQAO Testing. Grade 6s will work on their test from May 22 – May 28, while grade 3s work on their test from May 28 – June 1. We know that all of our students will do their best work and we remind parents to continue to focus on having students get their proper rest/sleep and a healthy breakfast to start each day.
- Monday, June 4, 2018 is a PA DAY for elementary schools across York Region. There is no school for students on June 4th as teachers have an assessment day to begin planning for June Reporting and Term 2 Report Cards.
It is with mixed emotions that I extend a message of thanks and congratulations to Mrs. Bari Nefsky as she has announced her retirement effective June 1, 2018. I have known Mrs. Nefsky for 7 of her 20+ years in education. In that time I have learned so much about her skills, advocacy and creativity in working with students of all ages. She works hard to forge trusting and caring relationships with families, and has shown tremendous dedication to special education and working with community partners and outside agencies. She has only been with us at RHPS for the current school year, but I know that many people have been impacted by her commitment to staff and students. I wish her all the best as she will find lots of time to spend time with her wonderful family, and she will most definitely find time to travel and continue to volunteer in schools. I know that we will see her back at Rosedale in a role as school volunteer!
Students have all had a chance to engage in the exciting Aussie X program and are learning netball or Aussie Footy.
A reminder that tomorrow (Wednesday May 16th) is the community event which will give students the chance to show their parents and families the skills they’ve learned.
Please join us at 5:30pm tomorrow to “Have a Go” in the school gym and/or back field for some Aussie X fun! Best of all, the program is suitable and fun for all ages and abilities!
WE ARE EXPERIENCING… Aussie
Welcome to Aussie X, an Australian Sports & Culture experience where participants will develop their growth mindset skills.
Together, we will learn one of three unique sports: Footy, Cricket or Netball. Best of all, the program is suitable and fun for all ages and abilities!
Students will be participating in some great activities that will blend physical fitness with teamwork and growth mindset daily next week (May 14 – 16).
You are invited to come and ‘Have a Go’ with your family!
DATE: Wednesday May 16th
LOCATION: Rosedale Heights P.S. (GYM and/or back field)
Please come ready to get energized with your child. Reminder to wear appropriate attire and footwear.
xmovement.com | @xmovementofficial
For more information please visit:
The last meeting for this school year will be this evening at 7pm in the library – all are invited to attend!
Tomorrow is a regular school day for Elementary students. Only Secondary schools have a PA Day. Our next PA Day is Monday June 4th.
Just a reminder that Monday is the final dose of the Grade 7’s (Hep B, HPV & Menactra vaccinations – boys and girls )
Hey Rosedale parents, it’s your V.P. of the Environment from the Touchstone Student Council, Ryan Vinderine. I wanted to let you know that as my last duty as Eco V.P., we will be planting a garden! On May 4th, the Eco Team will be teaching students in the primary division how to plant seeds. The seedlings will be kept in their classrooms until the end of May, when we will plant them in our school garden! We are hoping that we will be able to share the food grown with the school community! We will be planting carrots, radishes, lettuce, and much more! So get ready Rosedale!
Yours truly, V.P. Ryan Vinderine
Please join our School Council for their last meeting of the 2017-18 school year.
RHPS School Council Meeting Agenda – – May 7, 2018
7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Library
- Call to Order
- Land Acknowledgement
- Introductions & Welcome
- Acceptance of Minutes from February 2018 Meeting
- Bingo Night – reflection
- RHPS June Carnival – planning
- First Nations, Metis and Inuit Studies
- School Trips
- Grade 8 Grad – costs, dates and participation
- Class Placements and School Organization – overview of procedure
- School Lunch Program(s)
- Holocaust Education Week
- Grade 6-8 – School Leadership Model
- Well Being Team
- Touchstone Council
- 2018-2019 Dates and Bookings